By Gregory D. Cascino, Joseph I. Sirven
Designed to supply a finished yet obtainable advent to epilepsy and seizure issues, grownup Epilepsy offers state of the art info in a concise structure precious to a large viewers, from neurology citizens to epilepsy fellows and practitioners. This illustrated consultant to the evaluate, analysis, and therapy of epilepsy is a invaluable source allowing clinicians to stick on best of the newest suggestions for most sensible perform.
Read or Download Adult Epilepsy PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
Provides case reviews and applies the recommendations of family members remedy to the remedy of self-starvation, anorexia nervosa, in addition to different psychosomatic ailments.
This ebook is dedicated to the neuropsychological description of youth epilepsy, a neurolo- cal that constitutes essentially the most generic kinds of power and disabling youth health problems. certainly, one baby out of 20 reports a number of seizures ahead of the age of five, and one in 100 develops epilepsy as a prolonged illness.
The character of Language addresses essentially the most primary questions of mankind: how did language evolve, and what are the neurobiological and cognitive foundations of language processing? those questions are explored from diversified views to debate the construction blocks of language evolution and the way they built within the means they are often present in sleek people.
Contemporary ideas, the emergence of formal cognitive versions and the addition of cognitive neuroscience facts to the conventional behavioral information, have led to the beginning of a brand new, interdisciplinary box of research: model-based cognitive neuroscience. regardless of the expanding medical curiosity in model-based cognitive neuroscience, few energetic researchers or even fewer scholars have an outstanding wisdom of the 2 constituent disciplines.
- Living Sensationally: Understanding Your Senses
- Cognition and Acquired Language Disorders: An Information Processing Approach
- EMDR and Psychotherapy Integration: Theoretical and Clinical Suggestions with Focus on Traumatic Stress
- Are We Born Racist?: New Insights from Neuroscience and Positive Psychology
- Peripheral Neuropathies in Clinical Practice (Contemporary Neurology Series)
- Imagery and Spatial Cognition: Methods models and cognitive assessment
Additional resources for Adult Epilepsy
C. (1985) Epilepsy after penetrating head injury. I. Clinical correlates; a report of the Vietnam head injury study. Neurology, 35, 1406–1414. 28. , and Corona, T. (2004) Calcific neurocysticercosis and epileptogenesis. Neurology, 62, 1934–1938. 26 EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SEIZURE DISORDERS 29. , Senocak, M. et al. (1999) Prevalence of epilepsy in Silivri, a rural area of Turkey. Epilepsia, 40 (5), 637–642. 30. Jallon, P. (1997) Epilepsy in developing countries. Epilepsia, 38 (10), 1143–1151. 31. E. F. (1996) Prevalence of epilepsy in a rural community in Guatemala.
35. L. et al. (1985) Epidemiology of epilepsy in urban regions of the People’s Republic of China. Epilepsia, 26, 391–394. 36. S. (1988) Case-control study of epilepsy in the Parsi community of Bombay: a population-based study. Neurology, 38, 312. 37. A. T. (1975) The epidemiology of epilepsy in Rochester, Minnesota, 1935through 1967. Epilepsia, 16, 1–66. Section 2 Diagnostic evaluation Adult Epilepsy, First Edition. Edited by Gregory D. Cascino and Joseph I. Sirven. © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
These characteristics include epileptiform spikes, sharp waves, and temporal intermittent rhythmic delta activity. Thus, scalp EEG continues to be an essential tool in the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy [2, 3] because of the high specificity and high sensitivity of IEDs for seizures [4, 5]. Of note, for patients with known central nervous system disease and no history of epilepsy, the specificity of IEDs may be considerably lower . Although the fundamental concepts of EEG recording have stayed the same for the past 80 years, advances in digital computer technologies have led to tremendous practical improvements in how the EEG is recorded, viewed, and archived.
Adult Epilepsy by Gregory D. Cascino, Joseph I. Sirven